cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this yellow square mean

What does this yellow square mean

Berryth
Explorer | Level 4

What does the yellow square mean?

Can't find it anywhere

What does it mean?What does it mean?

11 Replies 11

Jhousefavitguy
Explorer | Level 4

So why does Dropbox start to sync when I click on a file that has that icon but files without that icon don't cause that? I just had a user this morning that could not open a file in their Dropbox synced files with this icon. Closed Dropbox and reopened and was able to access. That file does not sync to OneDrive either. I understand it is not a Dropbox icon by why is it there if those files are not connected to OneDrive and the fix is closing/opening Dropbox?

Mark
Super User II

That is a OneDrive icon. So they almost certainly have the files stored in two locations. Once in Dropbox and once in OneDrive. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Jhousefavitguy Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?