cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ventura CloudStorage slow in moving files

Ventura CloudStorage slow in moving files

swin1
Helpful | Level 5

Is anyone else experiencing these bugs and performance issues since moving the Dropbox folder to ~/Library/CloudStorage ? 

1. I am backing up my Desktop/Documents folders to Dropbox. When moving a large folder of 150GB/5000 files from Desktop to external drive, I get a MacOS/Finder error unable to copy with Error Code 1. To fix this, I need to move the folder to a non-dropbox local location.

2. Moving large folders takes forever. Moving that folder to a non-synced location on the same drive took about 5-10 mins as it seems to be checking and verifying every file

3. Same thing happens when moving a large folder from main Dropbox folder to any other location. Takes forever in "Preparing to copy..."

Really regretting moving to CloudStorage as it seemed to be working fine before that, even on Ventura. I also can't revert the move.. 

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @swin1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are the folders marked as available offline before you move them to a non-Dropbox folder?

Could you clarify how you're moving files from the Desktop/Documents folder to the external drive?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

swin1
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, by default I have all my files available offline. It's about 150GB of files (5000 files) from camera, JPEGs and RAWs.

I'm just dragging and dropping the folder from desktop to the external drive. It doesn't matter whether it's move or copy, there's still an error.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @swin1, can you also clarify the version of the app that you're using on your end? 

You should be able to find this by locating your little Dropbox icon on your menu bar, and hovering your mouse there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

swin1
Helpful | Level 5

Sure, running Ventura 13.4 and DropBox v178.4.4811

thank you

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hey @swin1, can you please send us a screenshot of the error you see so we can take a better look at this?

If possible, could you also send us one from the "Preparing to copy..." message that you see?

Thanks!

Evan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

EvanDBX Dropbox Staff
    swin1 Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?