cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Option Not Showing Up

Tags not showing up?

roxyazar
Explorer | Level 3

One of the people who has access to our shared folder added tags to images within a folder a few days ago. I am ready to finish up a project based on those tags, but I cannot find where the tags are and searching my tags does not show up anything. The tags themselves show up in the search bar, but no images. Next to the images, it says the last edits to the files were by the person who tagged them. I watched him tag everything myself, too. We were both using Dropbox on our desktops. Why can't I search for the tags? I tried another browser and clearing the cache.

21 Replies 21

Mark
Super User II

Unfortunately tags only work if created via the Dropbox website: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/sort-preview/dropbox-tags

They do not work if created on the computer itself - that information does not sync. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

roxyazar
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mark! I should've said that. We did it through the Dropbox website. He opened the link I shared with him and added the tags.

Mark
Super User II

Link? 

Does that mean you sent a link to him which was read only? As in its not a share? As such it would only update on his account and not yours.

Are the files inside a shared folder at www.dropbox.com/share - note that wouldnt send a link

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

roxyazar
Explorer | Level 3

It is shared with him and he can edit/add things to the folder. He is one of 4 members who can access the folder and edit/add.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Hey @roxyazar, welcome to our Community! 

Can you try searching for an example tag and sending me a screenshot of the results that come up? 

Thanks, I appreciate it. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

roxyazar
Explorer | Level 3

Yes. Today it is working once in a while I will show you a screenshot, but I don't understand why it only works sometimes. I will search for the same tag and have it not show up, then try to search it a few times again and then maybe the tags will show up. I dont know why this is happening. I have tried using the # sign and without. It doesn't seem to make a difference. The bottom shows the one time it worked.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.09.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 11.05.29 AM.png

roxyazar
Explorer | Level 3

Update: I tried both Google Chrome and Firefox and had the same results, but randomly today Google Chrome is working to find the tags. I'm not sure what I did differently.

KA2022
New member | Level 2

I have organized photos before using tags (#football for example) but now the tag option isn't showing up?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @KA2022, how are you today? 

Are you using a specific browser to do that? If so, could you try a totally different browser, or an incognito tab on your current one? 

Keep me updated on the results! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?