cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures in Drop Box arranged by Folder

Pictures in Drop Box arranged by Folder

Kenneth B.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is there any way I can move folders with pictures set up in DropBox to the Photos/Album feature ? All the photos in my DropBox show in Time Line but by date. Sure would be easier to move the already created folders from my PC and uploaded to DropBox to the Photos/Album feature. Appreciate the help. Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

nick132 wrote:
to your point that photos show up in folders that's only when you've added them to a specific folder

ALL of the photos and videos that appear on your Photos page are already in a folder somewhere in your account. They have to be. They cannot appear on the Photos page without already being in a folder, somewhere. If these are photos that are uploading from one of your linked devices, then that may be the Camera Uploads folder. If they're photos that you've added manually, then they'll be in whatever folder you've uploaded them to.

The question is how do I move a photo into a specific folder I created?

From the Photos page, use the Show in folder option I mentioned above to locate which folder a particular file is in. Once you're in that folder and the file is selected, just move it to whichever folder you want it to be in.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nick132
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the opposite question, I want to move pictures into folders because albums dont show up on my other devices (iPhone, iPad) but folders do.  Weird,

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Kenneth B.11 wrote:

Is there any way I can move folders with pictures set up in DropBox to the Photos/Album feature ?

No. This article will show you how to create an album.

nick132 wrote:

I want to move pictures into folders because albums dont show up on my other devices (iPhone, iPad) but folders do.

That's unneccessary beause the photos and videos you see in albums or on the Photos page are already in folders in your Dropbox account. The Photos page shows all photos and videos from every folder in your account. To locate the folder for a specific photo, right-click on it while on the Photos page and select Show in folder.

nick132
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
The question is how do I move a photo into a specific folder I created? I guess it is as easy as drag and drop the file into the folder but when you have hudnreds of picture files that is not easy. It would be easier if I could select the photos from the photo page or albums I set up but it doesn't appear that Dropbix has that functionality. I want to do this because albums do not appear on my iPad only files and folders and photo page. Also, to your point that photos show up in folders that's only when you've added them to a specific folder, which is what I am trying to do.
Thanks
Nick

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

nick132 wrote:
to your point that photos show up in folders that's only when you've added them to a specific folder

ALL of the photos and videos that appear on your Photos page are already in a folder somewhere in your account. They have to be. They cannot appear on the Photos page without already being in a folder, somewhere. If these are photos that are uploading from one of your linked devices, then that may be the Camera Uploads folder. If they're photos that you've added manually, then they'll be in whatever folder you've uploaded them to.

The question is how do I move a photo into a specific folder I created?

From the Photos page, use the Show in folder option I mentioned above to locate which folder a particular file is in. Once you're in that folder and the file is selected, just move it to whichever folder you want it to be in.

nick132
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks but when you upload a file without selecting a specifc folder it adds it to "dropbox". Maybe you can consider it the dropbox folder.  When I right click and select show in folder, it simply brings me back to where it already is.  To move it to a folder I created  I have to drag and drop and when you have a large number of files it is not easy.  It would be easier if there was a "move to folder"  or "change folder" option when you right click on the photo.  This would be a convenient enhancenet to Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nick132 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?