cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my shared folders disappeared after sharing it with another user.

One of my shared folders disappeared after sharing it with another user.

DrStuart
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have just tried to share a folder with dropbox to another account and the folder has simply disappeared. It doesn't show in the online directory. It doesn't come up when I look for deleted files either, so I assume it is still there somewhere. This is an important folder and I'd like to get it back. Unfortunately I don't have a local copy so that isn't an option. Any ideas?

10 Replies 10

RdFltErr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This just happened to me, too. Oddly, I shared a folder with a ton of files inside it. The folder has disappeared completely from the web interface, BUT, it shows up in the "Shared - Dropbox" list. Oddly, even though I created the folder and it's mine and was not shared with anyone else before, it now shows "You haven't joined this folder yet" underneath the folder name.

If I click "Join" I get an error.

I waited 10 minutes and tried again. Boom, the folder is back!

It seems when you share large folders, Dropbox does something in the background and the folder temporarily disappears. If you wait long enough, it re-appears.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RdFltErr New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    N8Lewis New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Erica F Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?