cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account's extra storage was removed and I lost my pictures.

My account's extra storage was removed and I lost my pictures.

hditano
New member | Level 2

Hello,

A few years ago i bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 ( yeah a long time ago ) which came with an offer of 6 months of a bigger Dropbox account. 
I uploaded a bunch of pictures, but after a while the account got downgraded to basic plan and lost a lot of pictures.

if I pay for the subscription, would I have access to those pictures?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@hditano wrote:

if I pay for the subscription, would I have access to those pictures?

No.

Files deleted within the last 30 days can be recovered from your Deleted Files page. If they were deleted more than 30 days ago, they cannot be recovered.

Typically, an account being downgraded wouldn't delete files, at least not right away. If the downgrade resulted in your account being over the limit then some files may be deleted, starting with the newest, to bring you back below your limit, but Dropbox would send several warnings before doing so. This is something that started within the last year. Prior to that, files weren't deleted as the result of a downgrade.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?