cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement of Files

Movement of Files

Amber0389
New member | Level 2

Suddenly files seem to get moved from my desktop to Dropbox unbeknowst to me.  If this continues, I will cease to use your services.  If I have given you permission to do this, then I rescind that permission.  I do not need AI doing my thinking, planning, etc.  I may be old (84) but I'm still capable of making my own decisions.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Amber0389 wrote:

Suddenly files seem to get moved from my desktop to Dropbox unbeknowst to me.

Dropbox can't move your files on its own and there's no AI involved in the syncing of your files. You've likely just enabled the Backup feature. The following link will explain how to manage or disable your backups.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@Amber0389 wrote:

Suddenly files seem to get moved from my desktop to Dropbox unbeknowst to me.

Dropbox can't move your files on its own and there's no AI involved in the syncing of your files. You've likely just enabled the Backup feature. The following link will explain how to manage or disable your backups.

Amber0389
New member | Level 2

thank you~  That makes sense.  I shall certainly be sure I have disabled the backup feature!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Amber0389 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?