cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing photos of a loved one

Missing photos of a loved one

Kbeatty88
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help.
I have an album called Jo in my Dropbox, these had photos and videos of my fiance who recebtly passed away, it has pictures up to March 2023, but all the ones after this date have disappeared, is there anyway of getting these back?

Even though I know I've not deleted them, I have checked the deleted folder and they're not there, the pictures and videos was there w days ago, but not now.

Thanks,

Kieran

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Kbeatty88 

Sorry to hear of your loss. 

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kbeatty88
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Mark thank you.
It's showing a timestamp of 29/03/2024 of a deleted picture, but the pictures I'm talking about were in the file this week.
I've also just purchased an upgrade on my Dropbox account to see if I can reverse the folder back, but for some reason it's showing there are no changes.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Kbeatty88 

Unfortunately if it shows they were deleted on the 29th of March its not possible to recover now - buying upgrades are not retroactive so a 30 day deletion window would apply 😞 

If you saw them this week was it on a device that hadnt sync'd the deleted changes to the machine? Could you search for them on that device? 

Have you searched Dropbox using the file name to see if its in a different location?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kbeatty88
Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Mark
But it's only showing a few images that have been deleted on that date, also not showing any videos deleted, I'm missing 30-40 images and videos.

I've only ever used Dropbox on this device.

I have tried searching but it's only showing the ones which I can currently see in the folder.

I also only have this one file on Dropbox, the only reason I used Dropbox was to save these images.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Kbeatty88, sorry to hear about this.

When you say that the photos were in the folder this week, can you clarify where you saw them exactly?

How were you able to access them?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?