cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm missing files since February 2024, but I can't find them in the "Deleted files".

I'm missing files since February 2024, but I can't find them in the "Deleted files".

JackEhrhardt3
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I am missing a lot of my files between February 2024 and July 2024. It looks like I somehow got switched from my personal account to one of our business accounts. It looks like this took place at the end of February but for some reason my account didn't fully synch until yesterday, 7/5/24. I contacted the admin of the account and had them convert me back to my personal account but it shows my last files were in February of 2024. 

I'm not sure how this is possible as I have been using dropbox daily since February. It wasn't until yesterday, 7/5/24, that my files were gone. The files have not been deleted as they are not in the deleted folder. It appears they are gone or if my personal account was never there between February and July. 

I need to recover the files that are missing in this timeframe. They are essential for me to be able to run my business.

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@JackEhrhardt3 wrote:

It appears they are gone or if my personal account was never there between February and July.

If you were a member of a Business team account, then your personal account no longer existed. It was merged into the team. It wasn't until the team admin converted you back to an individual account that you had a personal account again. Before then, you were likely saving files into the team folder. Have you asked the admin to do a search?

JackEhrhardt3
Explorer | Level 3
Yes. I got the admin login and have looked myself. I was working off of my personal account and saving all my files with no problems from February until yesterday. It doesn’t appear it was until yesterday that my account fully sync’d.

Mark
Super User II

What is www.dropbox.com/events showing?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JackEhrhardt3
Explorer | Level 3
It’s showing I have no activity from February 26th (when I accepted the invite) until now. Which is 100% not correct as this is Dropbox is the only place my work files are saved and I’ve worked out of it every day since February 26th.

When I go to my file explorer on my computer the date next to my files show 7/5/24 but when I go into the files my excels files and pdf’s are all from February. There’s a gap from February until now.

Mark
Super User II

So, if Events is empty then you were not using the account you are using now OR Dropbox was not running and syncing. 

That means EITHER you were using a different account and log on - even by accident or Dropbox was not running or if it was running had an error (over quota etc.)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    JackEhrhardt3 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?