cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Dropbox restoration post mass deletion

Issue with Dropbox restoration post mass deletion

Experts Global
New member | Level 2

We faced an accidental mass deletion on 9th August 7:00 P.M. Indian Standard Time. 

We tried restoring the account through Dropbox Support for two events at two different time stamps. 

Once was for 6:30 p.m. IST on 9th August (the day of mass deletion) and 9:46 p.m. IST on 8th August. However, on both occasions, we are seeing that an important Shared folder, which contained most of our data, is becoming deleted after the restoration, whereas we are sure that the folder was available. Here's the event before which we are sure that the folders were available: 

https://www.dropbox.com/event_details/678991177/6133076608/1039609049/

The second time around I even provided the Dropbox team a timestamp ~15 hours before the deletion event to ensure there's no discrepancy and we are restoring the account to a time when we know the folder was available for sure. However, the result was same. After the restoration, the folder was being shown as deleted, and upon rejoining the Shared folder from the Shared page, many folders were missing, including a folder named "~ 00. GRE" (there is no trace of this folder).

My ticket number is 24115633

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Experts Global - sorry to hear you're having issues with this and thanks for sharing your ticket number with us.

I was able to locate it in our system and passed your comments on to the agent who's handling your case. Since they'd be better equipped to look further into this for you, I'd recommend waiting for their response there.

They should be getting back to you soon, but please let us know if you have anything else to add in the meantime.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Experts Global
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter, 

Were you able to locate the "~ 00. GRE" folder (with this exact name) on your records? 

Please let me know. 

Thank you. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Experts Global, hope it’s OK if I jump in. 

Please keep in mind that we don’t have any account visibility on the forum, so we can’t look up any files/folders unfortunately. 

However, as Walter mentioned above, our team is already aware you’ve reached out to us on the Community and they’ll get back to you as soon as they’ve reviewed your last email.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Experts Global New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?