cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my files when I downgraded, and now two years later I do not know how retrieve them.

I lost my files when I downgraded, and now two years later I do not know how retrieve them.

JMichaelPalmer
New member | Level 2

Is there anyway to retrieve lost picture files that were lost when I let my dropbox account go back to basic reducing the amount of storage?  It has been probably three years.?  

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@JMichaelPalmer wrote:

Is there anyway to retrieve lost picture files that were lost when I let my dropbox account go back to basic reducing the amount of storage?  It has been probably three years.?  

Downgrading your account to Basic would not result in any files being lost. If you're over your quota syncing would stop, but no files would be deleted. That said, files that were deleted two years ago cannot be recovered. Basic and Plus accounts can recover files deleted within the last 30 days, and Professional and Business accounts can recover files deleted in the last 180 days. There's no way to recover files deleted two years ago.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?