cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost all my files - how can I restore them?

I lost all my files - how can I restore them?

teddyg
Explorer | Level 3

I'm in tears. I'm past eighty and have been trying for more than a year now to retrieve my files from dropbox. After being with dropbox for a short time i fell ill and was off the net for quite a spell. now i've been told that my files may have been deleted. This is life and death. all my files were given to this entity and now find out that they have been deleted. I can't believe . Please somebody tell me how to retrieve my files

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @teddyg - sorry to hear about your missing files.

Have you taken a look at your events page by any chance? This is the place where all uploads, edits, and deletions are normally logged, so it should give you a hint of what might have happened. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mark
Super User II

Hi @teddyg 

How long ago did you last log in? Was it over a year? Unfortunately if you dont log in for over a year all files are deleted for inactivity - sadly Dropbox do send multiple emails to inform you of this. If you dont action them the accounts are removed and data not recoverable. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?