cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files after leaving company

Files after leaving company

sarobaali
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I was using dropbox in my computer locally and on cloud as well. I left that company now. I deleted my data from my folder. Question is if that data is retrievable for my company or not? What are privacy guidelines within with multiuser account?

Kr.

Sarobaali

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

What type of account was it? It depends upon who 'owns' the account.

If it was a linked business account (i.e. they paid the licence fee for it) they can recover and access it still just as they could when you worked there - they could log on as you at any point and view your data. When its a business account they own it and all of the data on it. 

If, however, it was a free account and you used shared folders (or a paid account you just did shared folders between) then as its your account you should be OK. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?