cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Rewind - can you only go back as far the day when you sign up for Dropbox Plus?

Dropbox Rewind - can you only go back as far the day when you sign up for Dropbox Plus?

Drip1
New member | Level 2

I want to revert to a version of a file from a couple of days ago, so i have signed up to Dropbox Plus to get the Rewind feature, but I don't seem to be able to see any changes before the time I bought Dropbox Plus.

Is that to be expected?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Drip1 

You can restore files that were deleted up to 30 days ago as a free user, then 180 days as a paid one. 

BUT the key thing here is that if you deleted something say 35 days ago and then upgraded you wont extend that 30 day window because it isn't retroactive, it will only give you 30 days still. The 180 day recovery window ONLY starts at the point of you upgrading. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Drip1
New member | Level 2

Thank you.
I didn't realise that Rewind was available to free users - I only signed up to Dropbox Plus to get the Rewind facility.

My problem is that Dropbox says has been no activity/changes to my files before (as it happens) the time I did a Rewind (having just signed up for Dropbox Plus)

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Drip1, what do you see in your events page here? Do you see any events in the account at all?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Drip1 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?