cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Don't remove Dropbox Showcase !

Chivers
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I just heard that Dropbox Showcase was going to disappear. I am both sad and very upset to hear this news. A few years ago I decided to take out a Business subscription for this tool. This unique tool, almost perfect, that makes all the difference! Indeed, I use Showcase on a daily basis to respond to calls for tenders from my clients. Dropbox Showcase allows me to create a response where the customer can find videos references, images, quotes, .etc ... all this in an interactive and professional presentation. This tool is perfect in my opinion! The interface, the ease of use with being able to import your Dropbox files, .etc ... it saves me incredible time! It allowed me to show off my projetcs and win many calls for tenders! I have always had very positive feedback from my clients thanks to Showcase. You say today that you replace this tool with Dropbox Transfer, I am deeply sad because it really has nothing to do with it! I feel abandoned. I found InvisionApp which comes close but which is useless for me because I am a videographer and it is impossible to host videos in it. To my knowledge you were the only ones in this area, and no tool today will be able to replace what you had built! 😞 I don't understand your decision and I share with you my deep disappointment. 😞

Please, don't remove Dropbox Showcase ! 🙏

Bye,

Olivier.

67 Replies 67

Madriz
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

You might want to take a look at our tool as an alternative to Showcase.
It lets you create microsites from your Dropbox content, add videos, share directly from Gmail or Outlook, and has deeper tracking functionality.

Hope it helps.

Madriz
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

You might want to check Sharekits.com as an alternative.
It lets you create microsites from your Dropbox content, add videos, share directly from Gmail or Outlook, and has deeper tracking functionality.

Hope it helps.

Chivers
Helpful | Level 5

Hello Madriz,

I actually tested the tool https://www.sharekits.com/ last week, and I find it less interesting than Dropbox Showcase. Also Showcase was "free" in the sense that I use and need Dropbox for my files. My use of Showcase was not to track the customer but only to have a nice presentation, and to have like a mini-site showcase. I now use Dropbox Paper which does the job almost as well as Showcase.

Bye,

Olivier.

Gozer
Explorer | Level 4

I agree as well.   I think some of the drag and drop tools could be a little more intuitive.  (Sections having a light border while editing to show they move around as a unit, etc.) but the tool should not disappear.

Showcase fills a very important niche between the simplicity of Transfer and the something like "Sites" on the big G.  I sub to both services, but I think it's important to have quick and easy publishing options for a variety of needs.  I spent a fair amount of time making guides in Showcase that I can easily update and share out to people. Not happy about having to recreate in Paper or a third party app.

qq4
New member | Level 2

I do not want to pay additioanlly 

dietoself86
Helpful | Level 6

@qq4  Your suggestion of this being an alternative to sites like Brandfolder is exactly on point. I also think Showcase functions well for proposals & moodboards.

Here's one of my showcases that demonstrates (I think) what you were alluding to: https://shwca.se/stewartbrand

CB222
New member | Level 2

To Whom it may Concern,

Honestly, reading the link about why it's being discontined is even more infuriating.

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/showcase

it states:

"Through feedback from users, Dropbox determined that showcase was being used primarily to deliver final files and gather analytics"

1. Who cares why users are using it? You offered it, and we have invested in it. We are using it because it's a unique presentation tool that is extremely helpful for our needs. And now you are yanking it away, because we are using it for reasons you don't like as much? Literally WTF. This is the most ludicious explanation I can imagine.

2. Feedback from what users? I wasn't asked, and I use Showcase as my EPK. It's remarkably effective for this purpose.

Showcase was the perfect name for it and why we were using it - it's a SHOWCASE for our services and product! It was super helpful and now it's being taken away because we are using it and loving it. That's bold moves.

Furthermore, it's the reason I upgraded my subscription.

Taking it away has eroded my faith and goodwill in Dropbox. I will be migrating my files elsewhere.

I am honestly infuriated. This is bad business!

And think about the free marketing it was!

I have sent so many ppl to Dropbox Showcase that didn't already have dropbox.

I even shared it with other of my artist friends who started using it!
This is beyond disappointing.

And now all the time wasted being bummed out about it and writing this post.

I've said my piece, onward and upward.

mswinden
New member | Level 2

I am highly disapponted in losing this feature. What does it hurt keeping it? It seems folks are using this feature! I am for sure. It's a way to showcase my work to potential clients, in a logical, ordered way. I will also be looking to shop around for ne wservice providers. I don't want piece-meal options. i want a one-stop shop and this was the answer...until now. Too bad...

Mark

cabalcph
New member | Level 2

Personally, I think what was lacking in Showcase was the personalized branding tool, which is what they are implementing. However, the functionality is not what I personally needed, as there is no actual branding of the folders, just the link to the folder.

If somehow, the Showcase could evolve to a more mini-website basis, where you can edit the entire background, add logos etc and share links to folders (not just singular files), I think that would become more useful. I agree that showcase should not be discontinued, but evolved to meet the needs of more customers (like myself), who rely a lot on the visual aspect of branding.

jeremykatz
Explorer | Level 4

I agree fully.  There is no reason to delete a service that many use cause others use it differently.  PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!! 

Need more support?