cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: uploading when battery low

uploading when battery low

Сергей В.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

my phone has very heavey battery and may work too long at 20% battery charge. why can i force uploading when dropbox do not wont to work at low battery charge?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hannes R.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

The feature was implemented!

Check settings -> Camera Upload -> When to upload! 🙂

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Nathan G.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am seriously going to ditch Dropbox if this feature is not added. I have also referred multiple businesses to use your service professionally.

Сергей В.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

я сам не смог перевести то, что написал 🙂 на самом деле, почему dropbox не даёт мне выгрузить фото при низком заряде батареи? иногда это очень необходимо.
I had not been able to translate what I wrote 🙂 Actually, why not give me dropbox upload photos when the battery is low? Sometimes it is very necessary

Aaron M.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Bump. I think users should be able to define the minimum battery percentage to stop camera uploads.

Joe M.50
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is very annoying. I see that upload is also suspended while battery is low (AND charging!).

It is my device and thus my choice. By all means, add a "are you sure? your phone may die!" warning - but it's outrageous to refuse advanced users this level of control.

Chris k.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have an upgraded battery in my samsung s3 and can run without a charge for over 5 days, and below 25% for over 2 days. How can this feature be disabled. Early charging of my phone can cause battery life loss over time.

Aaron M.6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Bump. Can we please get the battery cutoff for camera uploads user defined?!

Simon L.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I would also greatly appreciate the ability to allow uploading with low battery.  My phone allows swappable batteries and I sometimes use a large 10,000 mAh internal battery.  20% of that beast remaining is still enough to power the phone for hours of active use.

There are also many potential situations in which someone could have their phone taken or damaged, but may have taken photos or video that would be extremely important after the fact.  I think of the Camera Upload feature as not only one of convenience but also of safety.

Dropbox should recognize that there are numerous power users who would value this feature.  It maybe should not be a default, but it should absolutely be an option,

Dane
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

People have been complaining about this issue for years! Seriously, how much longer do we have to wait? Treat users like adults and these problems could be avoided.

Hannes R.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

+1

Being forced to attach the charger just because you need to quickly access a picture on your computer isn't the most user friendly behavior.

PS: Please use the upvote button!

Need more support?