cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: selective sync on ipad?

selective sync on ipad?

karen h.3
New member | Level 1

Is this possible? I know how to selectively sync on my computer, but I can't figure out how to do so on my ipad. HELP!

54 Replies 54

Rich
Super User II

grantatsjjmc wrote:

What if you have the new Ipad Air 13inch?

Do you mean the 13" MacBook Air? There is no iPad Air that is 13" (iPad Pro has a 12.9", but that works just like a regular iPad or iPhone).

There is an option to remove a file , but just afraid that if I use that option , it will remove the file from the Dropbox account.

Regardless of what platform you're on, if you remove a file while in the Dropbox app on mobile devices, the Dropbox folder on computers, or the Dropbox website, it will be removed across all other devices linked to your account as well. Anything you do within Dropbox takes place across your entire Dropbox account.

To everyone else in this thread, you can now save folders offline in iOS. I know it's still not the full syncing solution that many of you want, but it's something...

jbright3
New member | Level 2

My issue is I have my dropbox account and I added it to my sons Ipad to backup his pictures & videos - now his pictures are on my Iphone and my pictures from my iphone are on his Ipad - its a nightmare that I don't know  how to fix. 

I did specify his photos upload to a specific folder and I thought that would prevent seeing all of my photos on his ipad. He is too young to have his own account.

Is there a way to fix this?

Jim5
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem as jbright3,

I have a dropbox payed personnel account with less than 1To on my computers,

Inside this there is all my professionnal data, and a 8Go folder for my child, who has a specific login account on the computers,

I just bought her an iPad, I thought I could make selective sync with it,

If I enter my own dropbox identifyer in the iPad, she can see all my pro data, and if she looses it at her college, I just dont want to imagine the consequences for me...

If I create a free dropbox account for her on her iPad, and share the 8Go fodler she has with the computers, it cannot work because free account is limited to 2Go,

so what would be the right solution ?

on a mobile computer I would have set selective sync on dropbox,

but with the iPad I dont find how to,

thanks

Mark
Super User II

@Jim5

Unfortunately there is no solution to that as there is no need for selective sync on a mobile device, and, unfortuanetly Dropbox simply is not intended to be used in the way you are using it - it is intended that it is used 1 person / 1 account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jim5
Explorer | Level 3

Hi 

thanks for the answer, even if it does not seem very constructive for me...

do you think in a 5 persons family, we sould have 5 dropbox, so 500$/year ? It does not sound very realistic to me...

I think that Dropbox should offer a family subscription, with several partial accounts in it, like some other services are proposing. 

regards

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?