cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Reconnecting to the internet, this may take a moment" desktop app error as of 204.4.5420

"Reconnecting to the internet, this may take a moment" desktop app error as of 204.4.5420

Ryanimal
New member | Level 2

As of today's update, my Windows Dropbox desktop app is giving me the "Reconnecting to the internet, this may take a moment" error message, and will no longer sync.

Dropbox version: 204.4.5420

Windows version: Windows 10 64 Bit Home, OS Build 17134.706

Please advise, or I will have to cancel.

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Ryanimal - sorry to hear about this.

Are you running any antivirus, firewall or VPN/proxy settings that could be causing issues? 

Can you please reboot your computer and internet router and let me know if you're still getting the same error?

If you do, I'd appreciate a screenshot too.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

YenForYang
Explorer | Level 3

Same issue currently, not sure if it's version-related but I'm having the same issue with 204.4.5420 so it's definitely too much of a coincidence. Running Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 (19045.4651). Was working fine for weeks/months and didn't change any settings, only started having issues several hours ago (which is probably around the time any update happened, since I had not used dropbox for a day ). No antivirus software installed, and not using any VPN, etc. Firewall is off. Internet is working fine, upload and download are fully working. Router also recently rebooted several times.

I've tried reopening and closing the app, and pausing and unpausing the sync. Will test a reboot in a bit.

YenForYang_0-1722516883906.png

Hover icon in taskbar:

YenForYang_1-1722516949024.png

Trying to find any log files, I stumbled across C:\ProgramData\Dropbox\Update\Log, and from there I note there are unusually many log files that are present since around the time the problem occurred, particularly with an unusual extension ending "-finished"

YenForYang_2-1722517338625.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @YenForYang - thanks for reporting this.

Did you get the chance to reboot your computer yet by any chance? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    YenForYang Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?