cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

iPhone Photos Syncing/Refresh issues since new version 346.4 install

iPhone Photos Syncing/Refresh issues since new version 346.4 install

Not applicable

Hi .... Since Dropbox has updated itself to version 346.4 the Photos page (pic shown below)isn't updating when new photos are taken. The new photos sync/backup correctly with Dropbox and appear in the "Camera Uploads" folder but the DB Photos page doesn't refresh.

I've  deleted/removed the Dropbox app and then reinstalled. Once the installation is complete the DB App "Photos" page will refresh correctly showing all photos on the first start up but won't update with newly taken photos from then onwards.

IOS  v16.61 

Alfa105_0-1695025895469.png

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @anonymous, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you clear the app's cache and log out and back in again after rebooting your iPhone?

If that won't work, you can also try turning the camera uploads feature off and then back on in the app's settings. 

In any case, please keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Not applicable

@Walter 

Thanks for the reply ....

Could you clear the app's cache and log out and back in again after rebooting your iPhone?

All done but it hasn't fixed the problem. On first start up after re-entering my details the DB Photo page updates with all the latest photos. I then take some new photos which all appear in the DB Camera Uploads folder & Online, but the iPhone DB app Photo page didn't update to show the new pictures.

If that won't work, you can also try turning the camera uploads feature off and then back on in the app's settings. 

Made no difference.

Not applicable

@Walter Any thoughts?

Not sure if its related but I can't now see my photo's online - I'm just getting a "Almost There" message see pic below....

As a test I've also removed every photo that I have on Dropbox but I'm still getting the same error with both the iPhone and the DB website, plus the iPhone is doing the same thing as the DB website continuously looking for non existent photos - see pic below ... ?  Frustrated!

Pictures are syncing to the Camera Uploads Folder without a problem ... 

Edited to say my iPad is still showing the photo's via the DB app which have been removed from DB website .... Guessing here,  it would seem my DB account has frozen with regards to updating photos perhaps.

Alfa105_0-1695126223955.png 

Alfa105_0-1695128202783.png

Not applicable

@Walter 

No replies but I've managed to fix it..... the below may help someone.

I had to remove all my photos from Dropbox which still left thousands of picture files from my backups which were moved to the Vault to stop them being indexed.

I then deleted the Drobox app from my iPhone.

I logged into Dropbox.com and waited for nearly 8 hrs for the Photos page to reset and appear empty with no warning messages.

Started to reload my photos via the Dropbox Windows 11 app back up to Dropbox

I let them sync

Reinstalled the latest Dropbox app on my iPhone and let that fully sync my photos which is now picking up any new photos taken.

Kept the numerous random picture files located in my backups folders stored in the Vault.

No idea why both the website and the iPhone Dropbox app locked up with my photos - maybe it has something to do with trying to sync numerous random picture files from all over my Dropbox account.... shame we can't be more selective with what Pictures/photos we sync.   

MartinDevoto
Explorer | Level 3
I am having the same exact issue, non responsive to the above measures, in my iPhone 13 Pro

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MartinDevoto, thanks for the nudge here.

Which version of the Dropbox app are you using and which iOS version?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MartinDevoto
Explorer | Level 3

App version 392.3.2

iOs 17.6.1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that, Martin.

Can you also confirm that you've cleared the app's cache and have uninstalled it, restarted the device and then reinstalled it?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    MartinDevoto Explorer | Level 3
    anonymous Not applicable
What do Dropbox user levels mean?