cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: “You must have a Dropbox for Business account to access that page”

“You must have a Dropbox for Business account to access that page”

Jorge
New member | Level 1

I have a personal payed account. Someone shared files with me with a dropbox link that starts with https://www.dropbox.com/work/. Upon clicking, I am taken to a page that states “You must have a Dropbox for Business account to access that page”.

What kind of link did that person that requires me to have a work account? Is the person inviting me to participate in the folder or is it a download link? How should I direct that person so that he/she provides me with a link to download those files without it being required that I have a work account?

5 Replies 5

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi Jorge,

This person probably sent you a wrong link (directing to their business account). Can you ask this person to click on the file (or folder) they want to share and use the function "share this link" or "share this folder" so you can access it?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Grant J.1
New member | Level 1

I am getting this error too.  We have a business account and I'm inviting a client to access the folder so that they can provide some content to us.  Have shared the folder as described above.  We do this regularly for clients and even for this client so I'm not sure why the client is getting the error this time.  What can we do?

Fiona R.
New member | Level 1

Did you get a solution?

Aron A.2
New member | Level 1

Hi Guys, same issue. Need to send a client various links and now being shown the same error message. Urgent does anyone have a solution?

Mark
Super User II

The client will need to be a Business Client to see it, otherwise they cant. 

Just send then a shared link via www.dropbox.com/help/167 and it will be fine - as long as the Business doesnt disallow them. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?