cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word for the Web not displaying multilevel list numbers

Word for the Web not displaying multilevel list numbers

MarkW1
Explorer | Level 3

I am using Word for the Web for collaborative drafting with my team, and to avoid conflicted copies, as described in https://help.dropbox.com/view-edit/edit-microsoft-office-documents.  The Word document that I created on my desktop has a multilevel list.   However, when I open the document in Word for the Web, the multilevel list numbers are not showing.  The numbering does show if I open the document in Reading View, but I cannot edit the document in Reading View.  How do I display the automatic numbers inserted via a Multilevel List?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@MarkW1 wrote:

The Word document that I created on my desktop has a multilevel list.   However, when I open the document in Word for the Web, the multilevel list numbers are not showing.

That's a function of Word, not Dropbox, so Microsoft would be the best ones to ask. A quick search turned this up:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?