cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why can't i select all my photos to upload at once?

Why can't i select all my photos to upload at once?

Dave1234441
New member | Level 2

Hi All

I'm on Android and I've about 5000 photos I want to upload to a new folder I just made, I'm moving to a new phone and want all my old photos in one place. 

However, I can't seem to figure out how to upload all the photos at once. 

When I got into new folder on dropbox app, I see a few options - Upload Files and Upload. 

If I click upload files, I can find all the images, and I can click the 3 dots and select all, but then there is no option to upload, I can't see it anywhere. 

If I click "Upload" I see my photos, but I've to click and add a check/tick to a box on each day I want to upload, I've had this phone for a few years and there's no way I'm doing it day by day, 

Is there a way to upload all phones at once? 

I know I could turn on auto Sync, but I'm not sure where the photos will sync to, is there a way to select a folder to auto sync to? 

Any help would be great - thanks. 

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dave1234441, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Is this the first time you're trying to upload photos from your phone to Dropbox?

If you enable the automatic camera upload feature, the images and videos would upload into a folder called Camera Uploads on your account.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dave1234441
New member | Level 2

No, it's not the first time.

What about my other questions? 

I don't want the images going into Camera Uploads, a few of us use dropbox and I don't want all my phones photos mixing with anyone else's, I want to keep them separate, hence why I'm asking all these questions. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

In order to understand what you're seeing on your end, could you attach a screenshot from the mobile app, while hiding any personal info, of the upload options?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

jhk1
New member | Level 2

Did you manage to find a solution to this issue?
Uploading all images should be a pretty straight-forward thing to do, but I can't manage to find a way. If you found a way, please let me know.
My Camera upload has not been synching for more than 16 months (and yes, all things are updated). A nice feature in theory, but in reality just giving a false sense of security. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jhk1, sorry to hear that your Camera Uploads isn't working.

Have you tried turning the feature off and then on from the app's settings or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Squat
Explorer | Level 4

What is with these automated reponses?  He asked a very simple question, and not only can you not answer it, you're not even understanding what he's asking. I don't know how to simplify it further for you.

Rich
Super User II

@Squat wrote:

What is with these automated reponses?

They're not automated responses.

If you're uploading files manually in the mobile apps, there's no way to select all photos at once. You can select them all, but you have to do it one at a time.

Need more support?