cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to upload content using the website, nothing happens.

When I try to upload content using the website, nothing happens.

rbkeep
Helpful | Level 5

Since last week I have been unable to upload any files to the Dropbox website. When I click 'upload or drop' and then choose 'file', nothing happens. I have tried clearing the browser (Chrome) cache and deleting cookies, restarting my laptop, and trying a different browser (Edge), but no luck with any of those potential solutions. My colleagues use the desktop version of Dropbox and none of them have had similar issues or know how to help me. 

Many thanks,

Rosanne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matt_DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Hey @rbkeep, Another engineer from Kevin's team here. We put in a fix today for a related issue, and I think it may also help with the issue you've been seeing. It should be live on the site as of when I posted this message. Please let us know if you're still having trouble uploading later on today and we can continue to investigate.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @rbkeep, let's see what we can find together about this! 

I know this  might sound trivial, but have you made sure your account has enough space

Does this happen when you try to upload content on a specific path of your account, or the results remain the same no matter the place you're trying to upload to? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rbkeep
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Megan,

Thanks so much for your reply.

I did verify that there's enough space. I've tried uploading files to a variety of folders and subfolders but nothing seems to work.

Thank you,

Rosanne 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rbkeep, thanks for the heads up! 

What happens if you use the desktop app to upload content? Do you have any issues then? 

Have you also made sure to restore your browser to its default settings and make sure that you don't have any browser plugins that could be affecting Dropbox? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rbkeep
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Megan,

The only plug-ins I have are AdBlock (which is 'off' on the Dropbox website) and Adobe Acrobat. 

I have reset Chrome to default settings. 

I can't use the desktop version of Dropbox, unfortunately, because my work laptop doesn't have the storage capacity for it. 

Kevin DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @rbkeep I'm an engineer that works on the website here. It seem that you're saying that after you select "Upload >> file" you don't see a dialog popup on the page to let you choose files, which obviously makes things pretty difficult. Are you able to drag files from Windows Explorer onto one of the folders on the website and do they upload?

If the answer is yes can you try clicking on this link, and then once the page loads clicking the "Choose File" button under the "Try It" section and see if a file picker shows up there? 

KevinDBX_0-1720556878474.png

That will help us rule out any external issues first.

Thanks,

Kevin

rbkeep
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Kevin,

You are correct that no pop-up appears to enable me to actually choose the files I want to upload.

I'm honestly not sure how to drag files from my desktop (Windows Explorer) to the Dropbox website...

Thanks,

Rosanne 

Matt_DBX
Dropbox Engineer

Hey @rbkeep, Another engineer from Kevin's team here. We put in a fix today for a related issue, and I think it may also help with the issue you've been seeing. It should be live on the site as of when I posted this message. Please let us know if you're still having trouble uploading later on today and we can continue to investigate.

Thanks,
Matt

rbkeep
Helpful | Level 5

It works now!!! THANK YOU!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rbkeep Helpful | Level 5
    Matt_DBX Dropbox Engineer
    Kevin DBX Dropbox Engineer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?