cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploaded files show in File Explorer but not on Dropbox online

Uploaded files show in File Explorer but not on Dropbox online

BW24
New member | Level 2

Why is it that some files uploaded in Dropbox File Explorer on Windows don't upload to my Dropbox account online?

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for reporting this to us, @BW24

If you look at your computer’s system tray (near your clock settings), are you seeing a small Dropbox icon there?

If yes, I’d like you to click on it and let me know the syncing status it shows. 

Ping me when you have more updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BW24
New member | Level 2

I see a few files with "uploading" and more with "waiting to sync." My upload speed is showing a slow 7 MBPS compared to download speed of 350MBPS. I'll look more into why upload speed is so slow. 

Rich
Super User II

@BW24 wrote:

My upload speed is showing a slow 7 MBPS compared to download speed of 350MBPS. I'll look more into why upload speed is so slow. 

Dropbox reports speeds in Bytes while your Internet provider reports speed in bits. Make sure you're doing the conversion before you compare those numbers. That 7MBps speed is actually 56Mbps, to compare it to your 350Mbps.

Also, the upload speed reported by Dropbox isn't just an upload speed. It's the speed of the entire process which includes chunking each file into 4MB pieces, hashing each piece, comparing those hashes to the ones stored on Dropbox, then finally uploading and encrypting each chunk before it's stored on the servers.

Comparing the speed reported in the Dropbox app to your ISP's advertised speed is not an apples to apples comparison.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    BW24 New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?