cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing problems

Syncing problems

mhch83
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I work on a Mac running Ventura 13.3.1 (a). Ever since the last update of the Dropbox application, I've been experiencing many synchronization problems. Firstly, the green checkmark icon that used to appear everywhere when something was available offline is no longer visible. Secondly, I have numerous folders with a cloud and a downward arrow, but there are also many folders (which I have already synchronized) with no icon at all, and I don't know the status of those files or folders, whether they are in the cloud or on my hard drive. And thirdly, and most importantly, my synchronization has been paused for 1 month (yes, 1 month), with a message saying that 33.8GB is synchronizing, but there are many files that say "waiting to sync," and as a result, any new file I add doesn't upload. I have tried all possible options, including reinstalling the application, but nothing happens, and it goes back to telling me that it's synchronizing the 33.8GB. Does somebody know what can be happening? Just to let you know, I haven't made any changes to the internet or firewall settings; everything is the same as when it was working. Thank you.

34 Replies 34

msnathalie
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the same issue, dropbox won't sync right, it gets stuck or syncs very very slow. Tried syncing on two different computers, two different accounts, and it doesn't work. I'll open another discussion but wanted to share this here too. 
I'm using Windows 10 and Dropbox v177.4.5399

msnathalie
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox is not syncing right in my computers. Tried on two different computers, two different accounts and get the same error. It gets stuck or syncs very very slow. My internet connection is fine, already checked everything I could but it doesn't work.

I'm using Windows 10 and Dropbox v177.4.5399

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @msnathalie, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you let me know what error you're getting when trying to sync?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

msnathalie
Explorer | Level 3

I'm not getting an specific error, I don't get any message. Dropbox just gets stuck, it doesn't sync, asks for more than two days to finish the sync but doesn't sync a single file. When I restart Dropbox or restart the computer, sometimes, it syncs a few files and stops again. It's not an internet connection problem, already checked everything, tried syncing in different computers and different accounts

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mhch83 & @msnathalie, could you attach a screenshot of the app's current syncing status, in order for us to have visual too? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

msnathalie
Explorer | Level 3

It's stuck in this number of files and GB for about 24 hours now

Screenshot_1.jpg

mhch83
Explorer | Level 3

Captura de pantalla 2023-07-12 a las 15.30.05.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @msnathalie, sorry to jump in here! 

Can you let me know the app's syncing status at the moment? Feel free to send me a screenshot of it too, if you wish. 

Is it possible that you're syncing locally more than 300K files, which is the soft limit of the desktop app? Do you use selective sync for any of your folders?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

msnathalie
Explorer | Level 3

I'm not syncing more than 300k files, and yes, I use selective sync. But tried syncing all files together too. I'm sending two screenshots from different moments, you can see the hour, and that the number of files and GB are the same

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

mhch83
Explorer | Level 3

I notice that this Dropbox support works on a window of opportunity system. Users have small windows of opportunity in which the staff feels like responding, and we must take advantage of that. I see that window has closed again. Would it be possible for someone to finally help me solve this **bleep** problem? I've been chasing after it for many days, and all I've received are 4 scattered messages saying the same thing over and over again. This feels like a tasteless joke. Please, HELP ME solve this. I don't understand why you're not doing it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    mhch83 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?