cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing problems MAC and iPhone

Syncing problems MAC and iPhone

Lars Engseth
Explorer | Level 3

My dropbox account is not syncing shared folders to the Mac-app or the iPhone-app, but is synced online. I have tried reinstalling and I have checḱed that there is no selective sync-setting. Any solutions?

13 Replies 13

Lars Engseth
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again,

I have tried the latest suggestions, but the the files are still nok syncing on my MacBook Pro, but the files are syncing on my iPhone now. I tried installing Dropbox-app op an iMac and everything is syning there as well. When accessing older view only files in the same folder, I can see they have not been synced in 2 months. This is right around when my MacBook Air hard drive crashed. It has been to an Apple retailer,  and is unfixable. Because of this I got av new MacBook Pro where I installed the Dropbox-app. The view only files added by administrators of these files, have not been syncing after this. I have tried to look at the security settings on my MacBook Pro compared to the iMac, and they seem to be the same, so this does not either seem to be the problem for the syncing issues.

I have also reinstalled the  Dropbox-app and logged in with the same user on all 3 devices.

Any more suggestions?

Kind regards,

Lars

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for keeping me in the loop, Lars.

Have you tried creating a new OS profile on the affected machine and installing the desktop app there?

Also, did you install it with admin privileges in the first place?

If you did and still having issues with this, let me know and I'll reach out via email to investigate further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Lars Engseth
Explorer | Level 3

Hi again,

I have admin privileges. I tried installing the dropbox app on the guest user and it synced instantly. Since I have the basic user profile in Dropbox and already have 3 devices that use the app, I had to deactivate one. I deactivated the one for my user on the MacBook Pro I am using and reactivated it when I logged on the admin-user again, but I am still experiencing the same syncing problems. The syncing problems are therefor user-dependent on the MacBook Pro. How can this be?

Kind regards

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @Lars Engseth, if you're experiencing this issue on a particular account, then you might have some restrictions or other apps or services that are preventing the Dropbox app from working as it should. As to what this could be, we wouldn't be able to tell.

I can only recommend quitting all open apps, including the ones on the menu bar, leaving Dropbox running, and trying to see if the app works normally.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Lars Engseth Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?