cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange symbol on folder icon and can't change to offline

Strange symbol on folder icon and can't change to offline

mplural
New member | Level 2

I have a strange symbol on the folder icon and I am not able to make this directory off-line.  In fact, within the folder, no symbols appear at all on the folders within.  I cannot find this symbol in the list of symbols or anywhere for that matter.  What does this mean?

mplural_0-1729689334709.png

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@mplural wrote:

I cannot find this symbol in the list of symbols or anywhere for that matter.  What does this mean?

That's not a Dropbox icon. I'm not familiar with an application that uses such an icon.

I have a strange symbol on the folder icon and I am not able to make this directory off-line.

Is the Dropbox application running and visible in your system tray? If it is, have you tried reinstalling it yet?

mplural
New member | Level 2

It is running and all other folders have symbols that I recognize and work fine.  This is the only folder with that.  I have not tried re-installing as this is my work computer where everything is stored and I'm leery of doing that.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mplural, thanks for messaging the Community.

Just for clarification, what is the full file path for that folder? Is it the Dropbox folder, or a subfolder? What is the exact version of Windows that you're using?

Could you attach a larger screenshot, while hiding any personal names, in order to understand what we're seeing?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    mplural New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?