cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to upload my emails to Dropbox using the "Email to Dropbox" feature

Not able to upload my emails to Dropbox using the "Email to Dropbox" feature

Laq
Explorer | Level 3

I have generated an email address from dropbox to upload my emails to dropbox. 

1.  I have put that address into the "TO" line of my email to send directly to dropbox but it does not work. 

2.  I have put that address into the filter line of my hose to send a copy of my emails to dropbox but it does not work.

I have done the same proccess sending a copy of the email to another email provider and it works fine so it must be with dropbox that I am messing up. 

How do I get it to work? 

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for joining the Dropbox Community, @Laq.

The "email to Dropbox" feature is there for you to upload the attachments you receive to your emails to Dropbox; is this what you're currently trying to achieve?

If you manually go to an email that has an attachment and forward that email to your unique Dropbox email address, does it work?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Laq
Explorer | Level 3

If I use the generated dropbox email address as a test without any attachment the email does not show up in the dropbox.  When I watched a Youtube on it they showed the email that was received by another hose automatically being copied and put in the email attachments folder on dropbox.

Laq
Explorer | Level 3

I tried to do some more research instead of sending the reply but it went out.  I sent an email from my phone to an address.  It was received by the host and forwarded to a 2nd email account but there was no record of it in dropbox. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Laq, the email to Dropbox feature is only for any attachments in the email, and not the body of the email itself (as in the writing).

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Laq
Explorer | Level 3

Yes.  Mailing directly to dropbox will work.  Below are copies of the settings for both dropbox and the email host.

Dropbox setting

Laq_0-1717033434695.png

Email setting

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Laq Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?