cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming Capture files during edit phase

Naming Capture files during edit phase

carla_b
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there a way to name screenshots in Capture *while editing*? 

I use the keyboard shortcut to start a screen cap & have the markup window open automatically after I capture. I'm very happy with the editing tools and the ability to save & copy link or image -- but there's no way to give it a name other than date/time.

I see the option to go into the app that shows recent caps & click the pencil to rename there -- but that's a whole separate window to go find. And if I've taken several similar screenshots in a row, the thumbnail is too small for me to see the differences & know I'm renaming the files accurately.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

As of a couple months ago, you can hover over the file name shown at the top of the screenshot markup window, and a pencil icon will appear that lets you edit the file name from within the screenshot markup window 🙂

MikeDBX_0-1682397331733.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike DBX
Dropbox Engineer
Go to solution

As of a couple months ago, you can hover over the file name shown at the top of the screenshot markup window, and a pencil icon will appear that lets you edit the file name from within the screenshot markup window 🙂

MikeDBX_0-1682397331733.png

carla_b
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Ah ha! Capture was showing last month's release notes but hadn't actually updated. One manual download & install later, I'm on v. 98 and I get the pencil on hover. Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

carla_b Explorer | Level 4
    Mike DBX Dropbox Engineer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?