cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Selective Sync settings to new computer

Move Selective Sync settings to new computer

Martin Haemmerli
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

I have a new PC and would like the same Selective Sync settings on the new one as on the old one.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Martin Haemmerli wrote:

I have a new PC and would like the same Selective Sync settings on the new one as on the old one.

There's no way to move the Selective Sync preferences. Each device needs to be set manually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Martin Haemmerli wrote:

There's no way to move the Selective Sync preferences. Each device needs to be set manually.

Martin Haemmerli
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your quick reply, Rich!

Christophe M.2
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Same need here: As I use a small windows tablet during field visits in areas without wifi connection, I use selected selective sync. I do not sync videos in various folders since they take a lot of space. In other words I have deselected about 100 of folders in the course of time to amount of data in sync on the tablet below the memory space restrictions. In one year I will need to buy a new tablet but it is already clear that small tablets do not have the memory capacity I need to sync all my dropbox. So I will need to use selective sync again. It takes however a lot of time to deselect folders in the settings options. We should be able to export/back up "one selective sync profile". Please add this feature to dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Christophe M.2 Helpful | Level 6
    Martin Haemmerli New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?