cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing local .key files from a specific computer, but not www.dropbox.com

Missing local .key files from a specific computer, but not www.dropbox.com

JeromeD1
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Community,

I'm running Sonoma 14.4.1 on Mac Intel with Dropbox 200.3.7010 with a Dropbox Advanced account.

I just noticed 3 heavy .key files that are several GB in size are missing. They are present on my dropbox.com account and I can see them on other local machines.

I have 1.8TB available on my hard disk.

I've disconnected, uninstalled Dropbox, deleted the entire Dropbox folder and all *dropbox files found in ~/Library and /Library. I reinstalled Dropbox and resynchronized the computer (>24h). According to the application, there are no synchronization errors and it is clearly noted that the files are up to date. There is no selective synchronization. However, these 3 files are still missing locally.

Thank you for your help. It's all the more worrying because I don't know if other files are also missing.

J.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting this here on the Community, @JeromeD1.

Do you remember if those .key files were present on the specific device in the past? 

Since you’re running the beta app version on your desktop app (200.3.7010), can you clarify what’s the app version you see on the rest of your devices? Are they also running the beta build? 

Do you have any other .key files on your computer? If yes, can you add one to your local Dropbox folder and see if it’ll sync to your web account and the rest of your devices? 

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?