cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the "Time left to sync" view removed again?

Is the "Time left to sync" view removed again?

jeff7117
Explorer | Level 4

I just noticed earlier this week that the time left in sync is missing again from the usual display area of the desktop app.  This is on Windows 10, dropbox desktop app version 206.4.6506.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?  Or, is there a setting that has been added to change the display functionality of the Time left in sync?   While it may seem like an afterthought, I use this function almost daily to give clients an idea of when they can expect a file to be uploaded (because lets face it, some clients are almost always in a hurry).  If this was removed, can it be added back?

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for reaching out to us, @jeff7117.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how the window appears for you now?

Have you tried closing the app and re-launching it, to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jeff7117
Explorer | Level 4

I just deleted and re-installed the app and it appears to have fixed whatever bug was causing this display issue.  Thank you for the quick reply.

jeff7117
Explorer | Level 4

Ok. this issue is back.  Here is a screenshot of what the panel looks like when I hover over the dropbox icon in the taskbar.  

WeH3wCIZen.png

I have logged out, and logged back in, and completely reinstalled the dropbox app, but for some reason, the "time left" to sync is missing.  I also get a weird " 1 file is unable to sync" error notification with every file transfer but when I click to see the issue, it says "no issues".  This goes away after a few seconds.

How can I fix this?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update here, @jeff7117.

Hmm, is that the only file that's stopping your syncing from being "up to date" at the moment, or are you syncing other files too?

If you see that file in your Dropbox folder, perhaps moving it out of the folder and then back in, will resolve this.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Paul-
New member | Level 2

I seem to have a similar issue on a Win 10 machine (Windows 10, dropbox desktop app version 206.4.6506). I tried the ideas mentioned in this thread:  moving the file and bringing it back (while the file mentioned in the first error message is gone, the "unable to sync" error appears again, now mentioning another file), closing the app and re-launching it, uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. The problem always reappears, and while the error message always says "1 file is unable to sync", it is not always the same file.

Advice?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Paul-, let's jump right into this! 

Could you confirm where your Dropbox folder is currently located on your machine? Are there any sync issues showing in the the options under the avatar on the top right?

Additionally, are there any other apps currently running in the background that might interfere with Dropbox? Such as an antivirus for example.

Can you also try closing any other apps temporarily and see if anything changes alongside restarting your router?

Keep me updated!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Paul- New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    jeff7117 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?