cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to be able to remove my personal folder -team- on my Mac device.

I need to be able to remove my personal folder -team- on my Mac device.

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

I want to disable my personal/private folder on my mac client.

But its not possible to deactivate this folder in the selective synchronization.... why???

I can disable all Team Folder, but not the personal one. also not re-name it. Thats so 1995 windows style... I know that from OneDrive as well, and its very frustrating.

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

How do you mean your personal folder?

Do you have 2 Dropbox accounts on your device - one Team/work and one for personal?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Mark 
No, I mean only 1 Account. But a Business Account. In this you will always have a personal Folder with your Name and a Team Folder (or multiple) from your company. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Windo, do you follow the steps to selective sync your content through the online platform or through your desktop app? 

Feel free to send me a screenshot if you have any, in order for me to have a visual too. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Megan I am sorry I do not understand your question.

I am part of a Business Account, and we have a team folder structure.

I use macOS Client. so I browse Data in my Finder.

In my main Dropbox folder is a Folder with my Name, which I did not create. And I want either to delete or to disable it, which is not possible.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Windo wrote:

... And I want either to delete or to disable it, which is not possible.

Hi @Windo,

There is no way either to delete or remove this folder from your account. This folder is related to you as a team member and as long as you are team member you will have member folder. The same for every other team member. If you just want this folder to disappear from your device, this is possible - it will just stay in your account only. You need to follow Selective Sync rules as described and uncheck the folder you’d like removed. 😉 That's it.

Hope this helps.

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

@Здравко First of all thank you for your reply. 
I know that this is not possible, thats why I write this idea here...? 
Your post is not helpful, nor correct. you can not disable this folder in selective sync. pleas do not post information here which you have not tested 😉

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Windo, hope you’re well and sorry for jumping in. 

I can confirm it’s not possible to use selective sync for the personal team member folder that’s been created on the Dropbox team. 

However, a workaround I can suggest is to create a subfolder within that folder and move your files/folders inside. You should be able to unselect this one via your selective sync settings.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Windo
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Nancy
Thanks for your feedback. I mean, I already described what is "not possible". 
I thought this is the idea section... ??
So every one is telling me what I could not do or else do. But I want to disable this Folder. and it is annoying me that Dropbox has to tell me which Folder I can and which I can not deselect. Its just stupid 🙂
So my idea is to change that. And I think many people would welcome it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Windo Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?