cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to reinstall Dropbox every time I want it to sync on my macOS Sonoma 14.5.

I have to reinstall Dropbox every time I want it to sync on my macOS Sonoma 14.5.

Hugh2024
New member | Level 2

On Mac OS Sonoma 14.5, nothing I do will get Dropbox to sync files across devices or between local devices and my dropbox server files. I must reinstall Dropbox simply to get it to sync. I have reinstalled Dropbox 5 or 6 times in just the past 24 hours. A check of the Activity Monitor shows that there is no other app competing with Dropbox. One thing that would help would be a complete list of accessibility and privacy/security settings to make sure I have all system preferences set correctly. If I cannot solve this soon, I will have to find an alternative because it is an impossible drain on time to reinstall just for syncing.

1 Reply 1

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear this keeps happening, @Hugh2024.

Did you notice this behavior after any sort of Dropbox/OS update on your computer? 

Next time the app stops syncing, can you let me know its syncing status and app version

Keep me posted for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?