cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have questions about Dropbox Backup, and generally about syncing files

I have questions about Dropbox Backup, and generally about syncing files

Ar1_StO_KrAt
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good day to all. I have a question about buying a drop box business plan for my company, but first I need to know more about the functionality.
1. For example, how does Backup work. Does it just upload a backup copy to the cloud and store it there, or can it also be used to automatically synchronize everything on the PC?
2. How can I synchronize all PC files?
3. Is it possible to backup a specific folder or can I only choose from those that are standardly provided by the program(documents, downloads and etc.)?
4. How can I automate file uploads to the cloud as much as possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi 

1) No. Backup files are not syncable. They are one way backup only. 

2) Dropbox does not have such a feature - it sync's only key files and folders which are located inside of the \Dropbox directory

3) Only those listed. 

4) Dropbox automates all syncing, you dont need to do anything, as long as they are saved inside the Dropbox directory. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi 

1) No. Backup files are not syncable. They are one way backup only. 

2) Dropbox does not have such a feature - it sync's only key files and folders which are located inside of the \Dropbox directory

3) Only those listed. 

4) Dropbox automates all syncing, you dont need to do anything, as long as they are saved inside the Dropbox directory. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?