cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to set dropbox to automatically overwrite files for CCTV DVR sync

How to set dropbox to automatically overwrite files for CCTV DVR sync

Gold1
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have my Swann CCTV DVR connected to drop box to create copies of files. Every day I get a message on my DVR saying dropbox is full. How can I set dropbox up to automatically overwrite my files without continually showing me an error message that it is full?

Many thanks

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Gold1, welcome to our Community!

I'm afraid there's no Dropbox way to set new files to overwrite old ones. 

Perhaps you can use a third party app/service for this, but that would be out of our control or support spectrum.

You can, however, post about this on our idea board. And here, you'll find some info on how to get more space. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

didlyi
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry to Jump on this thread but for the life of me i cannot connect my swann DVR8-4685 to drop box..app says it connected but within dvr settings it says nothing and just says connect to drop box with app...please can some one help me..im going insane with this

Rich
Super User II

@didlyi wrote:

i cannot connect my swann DVR8-4685 to drop box..app says it connected but within dvr settings it says nothing and just says connect to drop box with app...

You'll need to contact Swann for any support on this. They likely used the Dropbox API to provide the connectivity, but the code to do so is theirs. Only they will be able to provide support for that function.

slartibartfast7
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? I've got it saying it's linked on the app but nothing uploads and the logs on the dvr are next to useless. Thanks.

didlyi
Explorer | Level 4
I'm afraid I didn't and I'm still banging my head against a wall

slartibartfast7
Explorer | Level 3

It's so frustrating, the documentation is clearly missing out a step or a pre-requisite. I've wiped my box and started from scratch twice and still no joy. No logs to speak of - I'm a technical chap and still struggling to get it work. Says it's linked, the folder's been created automatically but nothing uploads ðŸ˜©

Need more support?