cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Upload Huge Amount Data such as 20TB?

How to Upload Huge Amount Data such as 20TB?

shamim101
Helpful | Level 6

Firstly I have an unlimited storage account on Dropbox. Secondly, I have 20TB of data in three separate harddisk (2 internal, 1 external HDD) . Now I want to upload all 20TB files. How can I upload the 20TB files in an easy and organized way?

4 Replies 4

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @shamim101 thanks for posting!

The easiest way would be to upload them via the Dropbox app. However, the upload limit for it, is 2 TB besides any limitations on your computer's hard drive.

As such, I would suggest to copy and paste your folders inside your Dropbox folder in small batches and once finished, to make those folders online only so they will not take up space on your device. After that, to repeat the steps.

Let me know if this helps!

Evan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

shamim101
Helpful | Level 6
  • is it the safest way to upload all files (20TB) on Dropbox? after I finished & made those folders online only, should I delete the folder from the Dropbox folder?

Rich
Super User II

@shamim101 wrote:
is it the safest way to upload all files (20TB) on Dropbox? after I finished & made those folders online only, should I delete the folder from the Dropbox folder?

Using the Dropbox app is the safest option for any amount of data because if the transfer is interrupted, it will continue where it left off when the connection is restored.

If you remove the folder from the Dropbox folder (even in an onine-only state) it will remove the folder from your Dropbox account as well. If you don't want the folder to appear on your local drive at all, use Selective Sync to remove the local copy of the folder when the sync is finished.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @shamim101, since the Dropbox folder is a syncing point between your device, and your account online, I wouldn't really suggest that.

If you delete anything inside your Dropbox folder, that would result in a deletion for your account too. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
    shamim101 Helpful | Level 6
    EvanDBX Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?