cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Locating uploaded files

How do I locate files I uploaded?

Hebephrene
Explorer | Level 3

I'm working with the latest version of Dropbox in Windows. I found the folder I wanted which is my online part of dropbox (as opposed to that part of Dropbox which is downloaded and appears and is accessible from my desktop). I "successfully" uploaded two files into that folder. But then when I click on the folder the photos are nowhere to be found. So I open the folder and click on date modified. They do not appear. I click on the folder and use the search bar entering the names of the files. Nothing

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Hebephrene, thanks for messaging the Community!

The online version of the site should reflect what is on your machine exactly, unless you've used selective sync to prevent folders from downloading.

Do you see any events on this page showing that the files were uploaded?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Hebephrene
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I got confirmations that the files had uploaded successfully. 

Mark
Super User II

So you can see the file at www.dropbox.com/events ? What does that say about the location of the file if you click through to it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Hebephrene
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, it occurs as an event but there is no location attached, nor button to obtain that information. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Hebephrene - sorry to jump in here, but how are you uploading the files in the first place? Are you able to locate them inside the folder you were working on or when searching your account?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?