cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync folders and files from my computer to Dropbox without copying to the Dropbox folder?

How can I sync folders and files from my computer to Dropbox without copying to the Dropbox folder?

Whatsapper
New member | Level 2

How can I sync folders and files from my comupter to dropbox without copying the files or folders to the dropbox folder?

When I delete a file or folder on my computer, I want this to be synced automatically as well. On my Mac this worked fine but on my Win 10 machine I can't find this option.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Whatsapper wrote:

How can I sync folders and files from my comupter to dropbox without copying the files or folders to the dropbox folder?

Dropbox will only sync the files and folders that you place in the Dropbox folder. It can't sync files or folders located elsewhere on your computer. The Backup feature can back up the files in your key folders (Desktop, Documents, etc.) but it does this by MOVING those folders into your Dropbox folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?