cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High CPU usage additionally the web interface stops responding

High CPU usage additionally the web interface stops responding

ricardovilleda
New member | Level 2

I just started using Dropbox again.  I'm trying to upload a large number of photos to my account.

It feels in general to be a slow process, one where it's hard to see progress. I'm getting very frustrated.

Files stay in "Finalizing" (Many of them simultaneously) but don't seem to progress and then I have to re-initiate (close the tab in Chrome or MS Edge) because the page becomes unresponsive.  I'm using the web app since these files are not on my Windows 11 laptop, they reside in an external drive.

I noticed that Edge flags the page as "Performance Issue Detected" ("the CPU usage of some of your tabs is high") and offers to close the DropBox tab.  Obviously this is not what I want.  I'm ok with a slow upload of the files but I hate having to reinitiate the process repeatedly as well as not being able to see the progress of individual files being uploaded. 

I'm not using the desktop app.  I've also paused my backup app (Carbonite) while doing the uploads so there is no interference, additionally the backup app does not touch the files in the external drive because they are not part of my backups.

What can I do to: complete my task of uploading the photos, avoid getting an unresponsive page error, view the progress of the files being uploaded, not have to re-select all the files to upload again every time the page becomes unresponsive?

Please help!

1 Reply 1

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @ricardovilleda ,

Thanks for reaching out. 

That seems to be a frustrating situation, so let's start by clearing the browser and then use a different browser in order to determine if this could be regarding the browser being used. 

How much would the data in question be? According to how much data you have to upload it can take a bit of time. Can you please try the above and get back to us? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBX_Pedro Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?