cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files on one of my devices won't become available on my other devices

Files on one of my devices won't become available on my other devices

lamoidfl
Explorer | Level 3

There are so many things wrong with this "service" it is hard to know where to begin. I very much regret having paid to used it. As soon as I can find another service that behaves reliably like a simple backup drive that can be shared among all my devices and that makes it easy for me to move my files from the dropbox servers to theirs, I am done with dropbox forever. My most pressing problem with the "service" is that files on one of my devices refuse to become available on my others. The company has made so many illogical and simply bad design decisions over the years that it is hard to believe that it has actually survived as a business.

Also it seems like they are trying to add a social network layer to it, making suggestions about other peoples files that I might be interested in. What a ridiculous idea that is. I cannot wait to get rid of dropbox.

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lamoidfl - thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this with us.

I've logged your feedback in our system and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

If you'd like to have a further look into the issue you mentioned, please share some additional information so that we can troubleshoot.

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lamoidfl
Explorer | Level 3
I am really at my wit's end with dropbox. For the solution of every problem I am told to reinstall the program. That takes hours, days even, of work. The Dropbox install scripts do not let me point to my existing directory that is in a different location than the default one. Then I have to stop the synchronization. But the old folder (not in the default location) cannot be used directly. I have to let dropbox create a new folder and then again stop the sync process. Then I have to move my ~1 TB of files from the old to the new location which takes a long time. Then I have to restart the sync which can take a day or more. This is beyond absurd. It belies an incompetent software design. And it is maddening. I've already had to do that numerous times before.

Then, if that is not enough, Dropbox insists in putting its folder icon at the top of my directory tree. And that icon cannot be deleted or moved. I do not want it there. To remove it I have to search the windows registry and change every instance of the registry value associated with dropbox named System.IsPinnedtoNameSpaceTree from 1 to 0. That also takes an hour or more.

The sheer arrogance of this company to assume it knows best how I should organize my own computer is topped only by the brittleness of its incompetently designed and programmed, bug laden software, which fails to do its basic functions constantly.

I have had it.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lamoidfl Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?