cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DropBox sync issues, too slow

Extremely slow download and sync

Rute
New member | Level 2

Since yesterday I've been having the slowest connection to dropbox. I've got ~800Mbps internet download and I'm getting ~30KB from both the website and desktop app. I've been trying to find if there are any issues with the servers but haven't seen it reported anywhere. Also, even previewing small images on the website is taking ages. Is it just me? What can I do to fix this? 

7 Replies 7

Sm4rt
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having the same issue as well since yesterday, both in the app and website version, it's really troublesome. I've submitted a suport ticket but still waiting for an answer.

The issue is happening on multiple computers and on different networks.

dsilva
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All, I am having issues related to the speed dropbox is syncing my files. The dropbox of other colleges is, as usual, with no issues with the speed or sync. I tried disabling the anti-virus but my files are still not syncing. Have anyone gone through the same issues? A couple of months ago the way I solved it by uninstalling and installing back the app. But it is a hassle since we have a lot of files and I need to leave my comp up and running for about 48hrs to get all the files synced.

riccardo28
Helpful | Level 5

same problem ! I've tried to upload something and it works fine, but when I have to download, it gets super slow 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dsilva, welcome to our Community!

Is it possible that you have more than 300k files in your Dropbox folder?

That might slow down syncing and will generally cause the performance of the Dropbox app to deteriorate.

Using selective sync to remove some folders from your Dropbox folder, would definitely help in this case.

And you can also increase the bandwidth that the Dropbox app uses, by following the steps here, to speed up syncing.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dsilva
Explorer | Level 4
Hi @Hannah, thank you for your suggestions. However, my Dropbox account t was working just perfect until a yesterday. The files synchronization was really slow/not working at all. We just update a few files (around 50 per day) of less than 1mb. Reading through the internet I think I found the issue. Because when I tried closing the Dropbox app with the task manager I saw the version running was 32bits and my laptop is 64bits. I read that Dropbox updates automatically which kind of make sense, unfortunately I did update the work app version. I did uninstall the app and installed it back but the website was taking again the 32bit version, then I manually installed the 64bit version and now it is syncing with no issues. Downside, I will have to leave my laptop running overnight. But it has solved the issue. I hope the developers get rid of this bug soon. How can I report it?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dsilva, we appreciate the feedback regarding the Dropbox desktop application. We take all comments into consideration when improving the app and service!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Rute, @Sm4rt and @riccardo28.

I've merged another thread into this one, since it's about the same issue.

It seems that @dsilva was able to resolve this. Can you check the steps they followed, to see if they work for you as well?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?