cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email to Dropbox not working, no files uploading.

Email to Dropbox not working, no files uploading.

jamesalm
Helpful | Level 6

I've been using the email to dropbox function pretty consistently for a few months now. Just today I noticed it doesn't seem to be working. I have an application setup to email invoices to my dropbox email for later processing. The emails I sent this morning did not hit my folder (but the emails and files did go out). I tested it by sending an email from my regular email and the file I attached again did not make it to my folder. I confirmed the dropbox email hasn't been changed and I don't see anything on the dropbox status page about this being an issue. 

46 Replies 46

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @LM15 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you try clearing your browser's cache and/or using another browser to set this up and let me know how it goes?

Thanks! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

KenGoat1
Helpful | Level 5

Share is not working.  The option to share a file has changed, and can apparently no longer find my contacts on dropbox to share.  Is this a windows 11 issue?  I cannot share any files from dropbox to my team!!

LM15
New member | Level 2

Thanks Walter, have cleared caches, tried chrome, mozzila, sent from various emails, nothing dropping. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional information @LM15 - much appreciated.

Would it be OK if we sent you an email to have a further look internally at this point?

As for your issue @KenGoat1, since it doesn't appear to be related to the OP here I'd suggest that you opened a new thread providing as much information as possible. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

LM15
New member | Level 2

Walter - of course, much appreciated. Many thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the cooperation @LM15 

I've just sent you an email so please have a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

IA Accounting
Helpful | Level 6

Initial email might be impacted by email servers delaying/requesting resubmission, which is a common anti spam measure on email servers.

I use now the request files option, linked to a target folder and name modification switched off.

I create a separate request per vendor, linked to a specific vendor folder.

Thunderbird [email client] uses filters to forward incoming invoices to these folders. One filter per vendor.

Gmail limits to 500 emails per day. Business accounts can do up to 2,000 emails per day, but there is a secondary limit of 500 per hour, it seems. That matters when filters are used to do an initial backup of old email attachments.

The process is a bit cumbersome to setup, but once in place it is a real time saver and makes sure, nothing falls between the cracks.

jamesalm
Helpful | Level 6

This issue appears to be back. 

ocHoco
Helpful | Level 6

Hmm. Yes, I too can confirm a file emailed to Dropbox ten plus minutes ago hasn't reached it.

Oh dear.

GreyFox386
Helpful | Level 5

This problem has returned, email is not arriving.  Last worked for us around noon today (EST). Nothing since.

Need more support?