cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DROPBOX RE SYNCING ALL FILES AGAIN?!?!

Dropbox is re-syncing my files again?

Viqhaas M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why on earth is this happening ?!? its resyncing everything again nothing has been changed why ?

114 Replies 114

Rob D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am leaving cloud services for handling massive media. They are too slow up and downloading. Managing photos has been a major issue, with Dropbox losing tens of thousands of photos for me.

Angela S.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Can we ask Dropbox to download the newest pics first then re-sync itself?  Terribly frustrating not being able to reach data.  Maybe a pause button?  I delete and add files on a daily basis, when this "re-sync" occurred it takes forever to correct itself  YES I have a super fast computer with TONS of space and the highest speed internet connection.  Since I delete so many files I have to sit here and constantly tap my iphone telling it to "give up" on an upload fail, since I deleted it already from my phone/dropbox spaces in the universe.  THIS is highly annoying.  Wont progress until I say "retry" or "give up"  Who's bright idea was this?

Garland G.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Can you please restate this more clearly? I think you undstand my problem but I can't understand what you're saying exactly.

Also, is there a solution?

wretchedworm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, has anyone had any solutions to this?

Mine just happened yesterday. And its been doing it a long time as there are almost 3 million files! 

All i did yesterday was to delete some files to make space for my harddisk. But now everything is resyncing.

Flavio
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi!

I have a Dropbox Pro account and also having this same problem. I updated removing some files and organizing some directories, but it started to resync all files. And it is stucked resyncing without updating the new files I have to work with my colleagues. I had to change to the old method of email to send and receive files. And it seems that it will take some days until it finishes, as I have about 980K files to resync. It is not limited by the bandwidth of the network, since it not sending and receiving so many files (I verified that it only sent/received few MB in the last hours). So, I recommend that Dropbox give priorities for the last modified files, instead of the resyncing old directories.

Flavio
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

One of the consequences of taking too long to sync, is that some of the updates I did, to save space (some days ago), are now reverted. For example, I deleted some folders in one machine, so I think that this will be a change that will reflect in all other computers. But since it is taking too long to sync on that machine, the other computers do not see this change. On the other hand, the computer with the deleted folder is updated again creating that folder again. So, all the work I made to clean the space in that computer, is gone...  

Since it is taking, and will take, some days to finish, it is very dangerous to do any update in the files of this computer.

I can understand that (re)sync may be slow because of the slow network. But I'd like to give more cpu power to the dropbox app so it can (re)sync faster. And also, dropbox must pay attention to recent files/folders first. Obtain and compare information of the complete directories and files (with timechange of the files) should be simple and faster (doing this without considering the content of the files). Why dropbox do not consider such files/folder tree first, and only then do the (re)sync of the old files/folders ?

Mark R.80
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The programmers must be stupid. Why when I make a mistake of disconnecting my dropbox account by  removing the external disk does it resync EVERYTHING ! Just stupid. And dropbox have still not improved their search capablities and simple things like putting files in order you last looked at them.

morkmork
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here, for the second time now! Is anyone from dropbox monitoring this forum? If so, an official response would be nice.

darfnader
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same here- this has been going on for nearly a year now. Over the last few months it just seems to chew up all of my CPU "indexing" or syncing a single file but it amounts to the same thing. PAIN.

ryan l.5
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
mine is re sycning 200,000+ files this morning, it has been going for hours on 60mb sec internet connection, not very happy with dropbox right now
Need more support?