cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox folder access to multiple users on one computer

Dropbox folder access to multiple users on one computer

Jhousefavitguy
Explorer | Level 4

Here is what I would like to do:

We have several folders in our Dropbox Teams platform that all of our designers have access to and need to be able to run applications like AutoCAD. These folders are set to be available off-line and I move the location to the root of the C drive (C:\Dropbox). I currently set up each user on their laptop and sync the folders needed. Works as intended. What I would like to do is setup a spare computer and sync these key folders, set them as available off-line, so that anyone can login to the spare laptop and access the folders without having to re-sync the entire tree. It can take up to 30+ minutes to re-sync these items even though they are technically already on the hard drive.  Is this possible?

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @Jhousefavitguy - thanks for using Dropbox and posting on our Community!

Just to clarify, in your scenario would you all be using the same Dropbox account or separate ones? Do all the accounts belong to the same team Dropbox account by the way?

You all should be able to access and download the needed folders from any computer through the website directly as needed or even adjust your selective sync and online only settings to achieve this on a device level. 

Let me know if I'm missing anything here. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?