cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox ends support for Windows 7

Dropbox ends support for Windows 7

Keo Dara B.
New member | Level 2

My computers work with Windows 7, certain software needs to run on Windows 7 to function properly. Upgrading to Windows 10 is not possible. My question is what happens if I wish to continue using Dropbox with Windows 7? Will Dropbox continue syncing or not?

2 Replies 2

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @Keo Dara B.,

Thanks for reaching out. 

The current information related to the Dropbox Desktop App is in this link.

Be aware that the Dropbox plans to discontinue functionality for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 desktop applications in May 2025, with updates and support expected to cease after October 22, 2024.

Hope this helps. 

Rich
Super User II

@Keo Dara B. wrote:

My question is what happens if I wish to continue using Dropbox with Windows 7? Will Dropbox continue syncing or not?

Once Dropbox discontinues functionality for Windows 7, syncing will stop and the Dropbox application will no longer be able to connect to the servers. The only way to continue using Dropbox after that would be to use a supported browser to access the Dropbox website.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    DBX_Pedro Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?