cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox contents different on my laptop, desktop, and phone

Dropbox contents different on my laptop, desktop, and phone

david b.126
New member | Level 2

On my HP desktop in File Explorer, I have many files under Dropbox. This list differs wildly from my FIle Explorer on my HP laptop, my phone, and Dropbox.com.

CLicking on either of the Dropbox icons in the system try, they all say your files are up to date.

I m paying the 2GB subscription, but if I can't quickly get to my files (and many of them are huge mp4 files I use for work), I may as well struggle along with local external drives.

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@david b.126 wrote:

On my HP desktop in File Explorer, I have many files under Dropbox. This list differs wildly from my FIle Explorer on my HP laptop, my phone, and Dropbox.com.

Are you sure you're signed in to the same account on each device, and Dropbox.com? It sounds like you have different accounts.

Go into Dropbox Preferences and verify that the email listed is the same for all devices, and that it matches the email address you used when you subscribed.

JustinK_
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi David, can you check to see if you have selectively synced any folders or files on Dropbox Desktop? Oftentimes Dropbox will recommend users selectively syncing out (essentially making online only) large folders or files so that syncing is faster and you save space on your local drive.

You can see if this is the case by going to your sync preferences on desktop, and then clicking on "select folders". If you have items checked off those are online only, and won't show up in file explorer.

JustinK__0-1716906803999.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JustinK_ Dropbox Product Manager
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?