cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Certain folder not syncing to computer

Certain folder not syncing to computer

hawcon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I recently downloaded the Dropbox app on a new windows device, and notice that one of the folders isn’t showing on my computer explorer. I have tried restarting computer, deleting and re-downloaded Dropbox. I also checked selective downloads and the folder is selected along with all the other files, however when I search for it in explorer it doesn’t show. The funny part is that the certain folder is the one I use the most. Any suggestions to what might solve the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@hawcon wrote:
I ... notice that one of the folders isn’t showing on my computer explorer.

Make sure the folder name doesn't use any characters that would be considered illegal on a Windows system. If the name contains such characters, Dropbox won't be able to sync it to your computer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@hawcon wrote:
I ... notice that one of the folders isn’t showing on my computer explorer.

Make sure the folder name doesn't use any characters that would be considered illegal on a Windows system. If the name contains such characters, Dropbox won't be able to sync it to your computer.

Need more support?