cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any folder on the hard drive be backed up to Dropbox?

Can any folder on the hard drive be backed up to Dropbox?

juan88
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I need help. We have a folder located in C:\Program\XRays where we store the x-rays that are performed with a specific program. We would like to sync this folder automatically with Dropbox, but without changing its original location, nor having to make manual copies of said folder to the Dropbox folder. Is there a way to include the folder path to Dropbox, so it keeps it in sync?

Thank you so much

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your post here, @juan88

It sounds like you could use our Dropbox Backup feature

However, for that to work and back up your folder automatically, said folder should be located under your computer’s Home folder instead. This way, you won’t need to manually copy your updated files/folders within the local Dropbox folder on your device, but they'll be automatically backed up to Dropbox.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

juan88
Explorer | Level 3

The problem is that I cannot move the folder from its original location. Is there any alternative?

Mark
Super User II

@juan88 wrote:

The problem is that I cannot move the folder from its original location. Is there any alternative?

Unfortunately not. 

Dropbox only syncs certain folders - which it actually does by moving them in to the Dropbox directory and creating shortcuts at the original location.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    juan88 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?