cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Better upload monitoring

Better upload monitoring

MikeB1971
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

First off, I do think Dropbox does better than most on monitoring, but a few changes would be good:

• Dedicated box for showing uploads that STAYS PUT and does not disappear, esp. useful for those of us uploading very large files (like disk images) that take maybe a day to complete.
  • Make the display of upload speed on the taskbar configurable. First, KB/sec is a weird choice and second, it should be kilobits anyway, not kilobytes, since that's what everyone uses (bits not bytes). Obviously mbit/s (mbps) would be the normal choice nowadays I guess.
  • Show the upload speed in the sync history as well. I mean, the file and the time to complete is shown, so why not the upload speed? An AVERAGE would also be nice to have!

Thx,

Ed

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MikeB1971, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us and happy Monday!

I just wanted to mention that your feedback has been noted in our system - please let us know if you have anything else to add.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

MikeB1971
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for this too, Walter!

Need more support?